Savudrija, Umag

The oldest lighthouse in the Adriatic

CAPACITY:
1/4 apartment, with the keeper, heated.

APARTMENT A1.. * * *
Approx. 65 m2, two double rooms (15 and 12 m2),
kitchen (12 m2), ante room (11 m2), bathroom (5 m2) + separate washroom.

ACCOMMODATION
The nearest tourist center and famous destination for tennis lovers - Umag, is situated only 9 km away. The lighthouse also has a good traffic connection with the surrounding area. Its light signal can be seen from up to 17 NM or 32 kilometers distance, its building is 36 meters tall and there is a keeper living inside it. Guests have one 4-bed apartment at their disposal. The sea is 30 meters away and there are many restaurants near the facility.
The lighthouse has a fenced garden with Mediterranean plants characteristic for this green part of Istria.

BEACH
There are 30 meters of lush green garden with Mediterranean plants between the lighthouse and the stony beach in front of it. Favorable winds and mild sea currents are excellent for sea sports like windsurfing, and the clear sea and its clear bottom is wonderful for diving.
Beaches are open for all tourists.

TRANSFER
Savudrija has a good traffic connection to the rest of the Istrian peninsula. It is situated on a regional road St. Martin - Savudrija - Umag - Buje. The lighthouse is only 9 km away from the center of Umag from which there is a road leading right to the parking lot in front of it.

F&B
All supplies are available in many town stores.

THE STORY
According to available information and local stories, the lighthouse Savudrija was built by count Meternich in 1818 for a beautiful Croatian noble lady with whom he fell in love at a Viennese ball. Unfortunately, the owners never got the chance to live together in the building: the noble woman died on the very day the lighthouse was finished and count Meternich never visited it again.